Michael King - Director
Plant Engineering and Utilities
The Plant Engineering and Utilities department oversees the University's physical plant, including building heating and cooling, utility systems, fire safety, and elevator maintenance, and is responsible for comprehensive energy management.
The Physical Plant Is responsible for the following:
- 38 residence halls, housing 3,526 people in 2,365 rooms
- 40 academic and athletic buildings accommodating 12,807 students,
- 1250 faculty (FT & PT), 841 administrative and staff support personnel. 40 Administrative office, leased-out and support buildings.
- 2,900,000 Sq. Ft. of building space
- Acreage: 240 (real-estate) 250 (maintained)