Institutional Research & Assessment at Hofstra University (IRAA) collects, analyzes and disseminates consistent, reliable, and timely information to University administration for decision-making and planning to aid the progress of the Institution.
Institutional Research & Assessment:
- provides accurate information to external audiences (e.g. IPEDS, NYSEDs, college guides, etc.) on deadline.
- provides internal and external constituents with relevant enrollment and trend information about University populations.
- assists administrative support service units in broad-based assessment initiatives through unbiased consultation, data collection, analysis, and presentation of findings.
- assists strategic planning functions through support of the President’s Office, maintaining longitudinal information, and the collection of information to better understand and meet University mission, goals and objectives. To this end, IRA also supports accreditation activities and conducts benchmarking research.
- fosters an environment of continuous education and development of employees through professional memberships and conferences, academic opportunities and advancement. IRA ensures that all staff members are appropriately trained and knowledgeable so as to be competent in their work.
- employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to AIR ethical standards and FERPA requirements. To this end, IRA employees protect University data and constituent confidentiality through appropriate use and disposition of materials.