Assistant Professor HPR
||School of Health Sciences and Human Services
|Full-Time or Part-Time:
||Hofstra University is seeking an experienced scholar-educator for the anticipated full-time, tenure-track position of Assistant Professor for its interdisciplinary undergraduate programs in Health Sciences and Community Health. The successful candidate will teach and advise undergraduate students, supervise clinical internships and seminars and may also teach in the department’s graduate Public Health and Community Health programs. Program curriculum includes pre-medical /pre-health courses such as: epidemiology, bioethics, chronic and communicable disease, health policy, program planning, framework and design of healthcare studies, healthcare systems and services, etc.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in conducting innovative research with an emphasis on health and disease surveillance, health disparities and community-based research. Candidates should have experience and interest in working with diverse communities.
Requirements for the position:
• Doctoral degree in public health, community health or related disciplines from an accredited institution;
• demonstrated successful teaching (or comparable) and advising experience, preferably in pre-med health science and community/public health programs;
• possess an interest in strengthening relationships with community health agencies;
• a strong background in the hard sciences;
• evidence of potential for obtaining independent external research funding or prior history of successful external research funding;
• demonstrated ability in working in partnership with the department, university and communities in diverse settings.
Hofstra University is located on Long Island, 25 miles east of New York City in Nassau County. The University enrolls approximately 11,000 graduate and undergraduate students. The School of Health Sciences and Human Services is Hofstra’s newest school; its health related offerings include the undergraduate programs in Health Sciences and Community Health and graduate programs in Public Health, Health Administration and Community Health. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, transcripts and three letters of recommendations from references that can speak about teaching, research and service accomplishments to:
Acting Chair, Jennifer Skorzawski-Ross
101B Hofstra Dome / Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
||Open Until Filled
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.