WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES?
FINE OF $100
- Parking in a "Handicapped" space.
FINE OF $50
- Parking within the prohibited limits of a fire hydrant.
- Faculty Staff Towing.
- Parking in a Fire Zone.
FINE OF $40
- Dangerous driving.
- Failure to stop at a "Stop" sign.
- Entering parking field via exit.
- Leaving parking field via entrance.
- Leaving the scene of an accident.
FINE OF $30
- Failure to register state license plate number.
- Parking in front of a closed gate or barricade.
- Obstructing traffic.
- Parking in other than specified area when parking privileges have been suspended.
- Driving or parking on any grassed area, walk, ramp, except emergency or maintenance vehicles, or as directed by a Public Safety officer.
- Parking in a Tow Away Zone.
- Parking for the purpose of making mechanical repairs.
- Abandoned vehicle.
FINE OF $20
- Parking in an area not outlined for parking.
- Parking in wrong field or space.
- Parking outside of lines.
- Parking in restricted or reserved space or area.
FINE OF $10
- Failure to properly display a valid Hofstra University parking permit.