Special Dietary Needs
Hofstra Summer Camps is an allergy-aware camp (gluten, peanuts, etc.), and we work with families to accommodate campers’ special dietary needs. Kosher and gluten-free lunches. We also make sure that any special food needs are carefully monitored.
All meals are carefully selected by Lackmann Culinary Services and are prepared to be both nutritious and delicious.
Specialty Camps / Learning Institute Lunch Menu
Lunch for Specialty Camps and Learning Institute is served daily at Hofstra University’s dining facilities and includes various hot entrees, bagels, yogurt, beverages and desserts, plus an unlimited salad and fruit bar. In addition, we offer a choice of sandwiches (peanut butter and jelly, cheese, roast beef, tuna, and turkey), hot dogs, hamburgers and french fries every day. Please keep in mind that the salad bar, fruit bar and vegetables are available every day.
- Chicken Tenders
- Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- Barbecue Beef on a Bun
- Grilled Barbecue Chicken
- Beef Burritos
- Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Chicken Breast
- Cheese Quesadillas
- Hot Open Turkey
General Lunch Menu (Accommodates the needs of a vegetarian diet.)
- Hot Entrees (served daily)
- Pizza, chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, baked chicken, grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, hamburgers and hot dogs, fried chicken, fish sticks, and spaghetti and meatballs (served separately) .
- Vegetables (served daily)
- French fries or potato-tots, carrots, corn or green beans
- Sandwiches (served daily)
- Turkey, roast beef, tuna, cheese, peanut butter and jelly, and bagels
- Fruit Bar (served daily)
- Bananas, pears, sliced oranges, sliced cantaloupe or sliced watermelon
- Salad Bar (served daily)
- Yogurt, fruit cocktail, fresh raw vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower), tossed salad, bean salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, black olives, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese, croutons, and salad dressings.
- Beverages (served daily)
- Skim milk, whole milk, chocolate milk, fruit punch, iced tea, orange juice, and apple juice
- Desserts (one daily)
- Ice cream, Italian ices, cookies, brownies, cookies, and pudding
Sports Camp Lunch Menu
Lunch for Sports Academy Camps is served daily in Hofstra University’s dining facilities and includes a hot entree, sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries, tossed salad, dessert and assorted beverages (available every day).
[Back to Top]