Dance Program Outcomes
Students with a major in dance graduate with a combination of classroom instruction and professional experiences that are highly regarded in today’s competitive performing arts industry. Of those 2011-12 graduates who responded to a survey, 92 percent who earned a degree in the humanities reported being employed or pursuing graduate studies. They reported an average annual salary of $36,973.
Some examples of places our graduates of the classes of 2011 and 2012 are working include:
- Actor, dancer, singer, represented by McDonald Selznick Associates
- Dancer, Sonia Plumb Dance Co.
- Dancer, Stephanie Nelson Dance Group and Yin Yue Dance Co.
- Company Manager, Movement Workshop Group
- Operations Manager, STEPS on Broadway
- Director, Pentacle Arts Management’s Cultivating Leadership in Dance Program
*All data must meet a test of data integrity. The average salary and placement data reported is determined by the level at which data may be deemed reliable (University wide, school, division or department) To see the alumni outcome reports in its entirety, and all available data, go to the institutional research page.