Learning Goals and Objectives
- Ability to distinguish between impairment and disability.
- Ability to distinguish among the three major paradigms of disability.
- Students should be able to explain the difference between disability and impairment.
- Students should be able to explain the three major paradigms that have been used to understand and represent disability in Western culture.
- Students should demonstrate familiarity with major developments in disability history.
- Students should be able to evaluate representations of disability in culture.
- Students should be able to evaluate political and legislative programs that bear on disabled populations.
- Students should demonstrate understanding of the thrust of the Americans with Disabilities Act.