Master of Arts in Speech Communication and Rhetorical Studies
The application process includes:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education.
- Two letters of recommendations from faculty who can write in support of the applicant’s scholarship and potential ability to complete graduate-level work.
- A writing sample (academic or professional).
- In order to be adequately prepared for graduate study, entering students should have taken at least 15 semester hours in the following undergraduate communication courses, earning at least a 3.0 GPA:
3 s.h. in basic oral communication (theory and practice)
- 3 s.h. in public speaking
- 3 s.h. in performance studies
- 3 s.h. in interpersonal communication
- 3 s.h. in rhetorical studies (in addition to public speaking)