B.S. in Exercise Science
Internship placements are intended to compliment the wide variety of fields in which a student with an Exercise Science degree can venture, and to expose the student to work experience in their area of interest.
What types of internships are available to Hofstra University Exercise Science majors?
Exercise Science majors are required to complete 300 internship hours (PESP 149A and 149B) during their final year of the BSES program of study. The BSES Program Director and Field Placement Office will work directly with an internship site to establish a specialized program of study. Students have the option to select their internship site from a pre-approved list of affiliations to match interest and career goals. Students are advised to discuss these interests with the BSES Program Director during their junior year.
Current internship affiliations include:
- Health and Fitness Centers
- Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Clinics
- Personal Trainer Organizations
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinics
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Clinics
- Strength and Conditioning Affiliations
- Elite Athletic Performance Centers
- Corporate Wellness Affiliations
Information on additional internships for students and recent graduates can be found on the various resource links above and under the job announcements tab.