The Hagedorn Teacher Fellowship Program
- Go to www.hofstra.edu/hagedornfellow to complete the application
- Students must have already been admitted to Hofstra University and indicated interest in a program in the School of Education, Health and Human Services.
- Students must commit to applying to a program that leads to initial certification.
- Students must submit the FAFSA form.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Students must demonstrate financial need, academic ability, and the commitment to teach in a high-needs school district.
- During the teacher education program, students must serve part or all of their student teaching assignment in one of three high-needs school districts: Hempstead, Roosevelt or Wyandanch. If there are no positions available in one of the designated school districts, the Dean’s Office in the School of Education, Health and Human Services will review and approve an alternative high-needs school district.
- Graduates receive the equivalent of one year’s loan forgiveness for each year of service in a highneeds school district, pre-approved by the dean of the School of Education, Health and Human Services. Graduates are required to certify their compliance each year to receive loan forgiveness.