A degree from the Department of Finance, with its combination of theory and practice, prepares students for careers in banking, corporate finance, corporate governance, derivatives, investments and real estate, as well as being an excellent foundation for graduate studies.
Among our 2011-12 graduates who responded to an alumni survey, 100 percent reported being employed or pursuing graduate studies. They reported an average annual salary of $47,139. Graduates reported being employed in a variety of positions including:
- Assistant Vice President for digital engagement, Citibank
- Financial analyst, Honeywell
- Credit analyst, Capital One Bank
- Senior securities trader, Royal Fidelity Merchant Bank
- Personal banker, investments, J.P. Morgan Chase
- Specialty benefits account executive, United Health
*All data must meet a test of data integrity. The average salary and placement data reported for Hofstra graduates is determined by the level at which data may be deemed reliable (University wide, school, division or department). To see the alumni outcome reports in its entirety, and all available data, go to the institutional research page.