Below is a list of requirements prospective candidates must meet in order to be admitted to the program.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with an acceptable grade point average
- Completion of prerequisites
- Professional resume; Work or volunteer experience with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Four references including academic and professional
- Personal essay stating career goals
- Personal interview by program faculty
- Writing sample; done at the time of the interview
The program utilizes a holistic approach when reviewing applications for admission. We emphasize academics, personal attributes including motivation to work in the field, and previous work history or other relevant experience. Especially important is the applicant’s prior experience in working with individuals with disabilities and/or of multicultural background. Volunteer work is recommend for those falling short on this criterion.