In order to apply to the Graduate Program in Rehabilitation Counseling, materials may be submitted online or via mail to Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York 11549-1000. Please note, that in the near future, Hofstra will be moving completely to an online application process. At present it is a mix of online and traditional mail. The required materials include:
- the online graduate application
- all official transcripts of academic records from undergraduate and graduate schools attended.
- a professional resume describing your work or volunteer experience; highlighting any experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or of multicultural background. This may be submitted online or via mail.
- four (4) references with at least one (1) educational, and one (1) professional.
- A personal essay of 800 to 1000 words on why you wish to become a rehabilitation counselor. This may be completed online.
Once we receive all of your application materials, the Rehabilitation Counseling secretary will contact you to arrange a personal interview with the Director of the program. During the interview, which typically takes about one hour, you will complete a writing sample.
Following the interview, a decision is made among RC faculty with notification occurring approximately 2 to 4 weeks post-interview.
The preferred application deadline for fall admission is June 30th and for spring admission is December 15th.