Mission and Goals
The mission of the Hofstra University Department of Physician Assistant Studies is to educate physician assistant students to provide health care with clinical excellence, compassion, and dedication to the community.
- Train competent physician assistants qualified to practice evidence-based medicine in all clinical settings.
- Develop competence in oral and written communication skills.
- Provide the skills necessary for life-long learning.
- Express professionalism through respectful, compassionate and responsive interactions with patients, peers and supervisors.
- Encourage self-reflection in regard to the affective aspects of medical care.
- Impart pride of the physician assistant profession.
- Reinforce collaborative learning and working styles needed in order to participate in the team approach to medicine.
- Encourage the assumption of leadership roles within the profession and community.
- Inspire a desire among physician assistants toward service with underserved communities out of the mainstream of health care delivery.