Enabling ActiveX in Internet Explorer
To access the Language Learning Center system, you must use a Windows computer (version 2000 or later) running the Internet Explorer browser (version 5 or later). Additionally, Internet Explorer must have ActiveX controls enabled.
Your browser also must be set to accept and run signed ActiveX controls. Most browsers are set to do this by default. If you have trouble accessing the system, please do the following to ensure that ActiveX is enabled:
- Go to the "Tools" menu (found at the top of the Internet Explorer window) and choose "Internet Options."
- Click the "Security" tab at the top of the window that appears.
- Click the "Custom Level" button.
- Make sure that "Download signed ActiveX controls" is set to "Prompt."
- Scroll down the list. Also make sure that "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting" is set to "Enable."
- Click "OK."
- Click "OK" again.
- From the "File" menu, choose "Close" to exit Internet Explorer.
- Start Internet Explorer again and visit http://my.hofstra.edu to enter the Language Learning Center system.
Should you experience any problems, please call Help Desk at (516) 463-7777.