The Alumni Organization has a number of committees which develop programs, events and services throughout the year. If you are interested in joining a committee, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at (516) 463-6636.
The Alumni Organization affords many opportunities for alumni to get involved. Find out how you can join one of the committees listed below!
- Annual Meeting: Plans and coordinates the May meeting which is open to all alumni. The agenda includes election of Alumni Organization Board, recognition of Reunion Classes, and presentation of several awards, including the Shuart Alumni Family Award.
- Constitution Review: Assists groups in formation and ensures that the ideals of the Alumni Organization are being upheld.
- Development: Assists groups with fund raising activities such as direct mail and phone-athons. Visit the Office for Development for ways of giving.
- Hofstra GOLD (Graduates Of the Last Decade): Develops programs and activities of interest to recent graduates.
- Homecoming: Coordinates all activities of alumni and students for Homecoming. This includes the parade, float judging, King and Queen judging and pre- and post-game events.
- Membership: Helps to recruit and train new volunteers.
- Products and Services: Evaluates merchandising and service proposals presented for the benefit of the University and its alumni. View all products and services through our left hand menu.
- Reunion: Coordinates activities for alumni reunions. Includes planning and developing a class gift.