Getting to the Debate Site/Media Filing Center
Visitors may either park their car at the Mitchel Field/Reckson Omni Complex (100 Charles Lindbergh Blvd, Garden City, NY 11530) and go to the site via a short shuttle ride or catch the shuttle from the Long Island Marriott.
All media and vendors will have ample parking facilities at the Mitchell Field/Omni Reckson parking complex, about 5 minutes from the Debate Hall.
IF YOU ARE USING GPS TO ARRIVE AT HOFSTRA (1000 Hempstead Turnpike, Uniondale, NY) PLEASE USE LOCAL DIRECTIONS PROVIDED BELOW AS YOU GET CLOSE. SOME ROADS MAY BE CLOSED INTERMITTENTLY AND THE DIRECTIONS BELOW ARE DESIGNED TO AVOID MOST ROAD CLOSURES.
View Media/Vendor Parking in a larger map
If you are coming from the Long Island Expressway/Northern State Expressway, go south on the Meadowbrook Parkway...
· Take the Long Island Expressway to the Northern State Parkway (East, toward Hauppauge), Exit 38
· Take Exit 31A to merge onto the Meadowbrook Parkway South (toward Jones Beach)
· Take exit M4 for RT-24 W toward Coliseum/Hempstead
· Keep right at the first fork, follow signs for Museum Row/Chas Lindbergh Blvd and merge onto Charles Lindbergh Blvd
· Pass the Marriott, Coliseum, and Reckson Omni Building on your left. Make left into parking lot for Mitchell Field/Reckson Omni Building.
If you are coming from New Jersey and points south, via the Verrazano Bridge/JFK Airport/Belt Parkway/Southern State Parkway, take the Meadowbrook Parkway north to exit M4...
· Take the RT-24 W exit, EXIT M4, toward UNIONDALE/ HEMPSTEAD ( 0.1 m)
· Take the ramp toward COLISEUM/ EISENHOWER PK (0.5 mi)
· Take the CHARLES LINDBERGH BLVD ramp toward COLISEUM/ MUSEUM ROW. (0.2 mi )
· Turn RIGHT onto CHARLES LINDBERGH BLVD. (1.2 miles)
· Make left into parking lot after the Reckson Omni building.
BY TAXI OR BY CAR SERVICE:
Drop off and pick up for all car service is in the Mitchel Field parking facility, not on the Hofstra campus. Due to security measures and temporary road closures on and around the Hofstra campus, this will be the most reliable method of getting to and from the site, especially on October 15.
BY LONG ISLAND RAIL ROAD:
Hofstra's "Blue Beetle" student shuttle service meets most trains at the Hempstead and Mineola LIRR stations. For an exact schedule of pick-ups visit the shuttle bus schedule.
If the blue beetle is not available for the train you are taking, taxis are available. Ask them to take you to the Mitchel Field parking facility on Charles Lindbergh Boulevard in Uniondale.
For all shuttle schedules, visit http://www.hofstra.edu/debate/debate_media_transportation.html
To find out how to access credentialing, visit http://www.hofstra.edu/debate/debate_media_gettingaround.html