Faculty Manuscripts and Works-in-Progres
The CTSE's Blind-Review Program is available to provide Hofstra faculty members with a pre-submission review of their manuscripts and works-in-progress. Reviews will not focus on the specific subject matter or discipline of the manuscripts, but rather on the manuscript's presentation:
- Is the manuscript well-written?
- Are the purpose and objectives of the manuscript clear?
- Are the purpose and objectives successfully achieved?
- Is the manuscript well-organized?
- Is the research methodology sound?
- Are the research findings clearly presented?
If the manuscript involves statistical analysis:
- Are the statistics used appropriate?
- Is the sampling methodology sound?
Reviewers will not share the discipline of the manuscript's author. Rather, reviewers will be deliberately chosen from outside the author's department. This will insure a double-blind review process that is unrelated to and completely separate from the writer's present or future progression toward tenure or promotion.
Hofstra faculty members are urged to submit manuscripts (in-progress or completed) to the CTSE's Blind-Review Program. Manuscripts jointly authored with non-Hofstra faculty are equally welcome.
Contact the CTSE's Director, Susan Martin, for further information about the program or to submit a manuscript for review. (phone: 463-6221; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; mail: c/o Center for Teaching and Scholarly Excellence: 200 West Library Wing)