Professor of Marketing and International Business
Degrees: PHD, 1973, CUNY Gr Sch & Univ Cnt; MBA, 1968, CUNY Baruch Coll; BBA, 1966, CUNY Baruch Coll
- MKT 101 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 141 Retail Management
- MKT 203 Marketing Analysis and Management
- MKT 401 Marketing Analysis and Management (EMBA)
- EMBA 410 Initial Executive M.B.A. Residency
Areas of Expertise
Co-authored (with Dr. Joel Evans) in 2010 the 11th Edition of Retail Management: A Strategic Approach.
Foreign editions of this text have been published in Canada, China, India, Philippines, & Russia (in Russian).
Vice President - American Collegiate Retailing Association
Watch Video on Black Friday
- Marketing Management
Co-authored (with Dr. Joel Evans) in 2010 the 4th Edition of Marketing in the 21st Century.
The first 2002 edition was one of the first marketing texts to be published in print, as well as an E-book.
Ph.D. in Marketing Specializations in Marketing Management and Behavioral Science & Business
Graduate School & University Center, City University of New York.
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Business Administration & Policy
Bernard M. Baruch School, City College of New York
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Marketing
Bernard M. Baruch School, City College of New York (Cum Laude)
- Berman, Barry (2011), Products, Products Everywhere, Wall Street Journal/MIT
Sloan Management Review Executive Adviser (August 23, 2010), R8.
- Berman, Barry (2011), Competing in Tough Times: Business Lessons from
Trader Joe's, Costco and Other World-Class Retailers, Financial Times Press: New York.
- Berman, Barry & Joel Evans (2010), Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, 11th Ed.,
Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Evans, Joel & Barry Berman (2010), Marketing in the 21st Century, 4th Ed., Cengage
- Berman, Barry & Kunal Swani (2010), Managing Product Safety of Imported Chinese Goods.
Business Horizons, 53 (1): 39-48.
- Berman, Barry (2008). Strategies to Detect and Reduce Counterfeiting Activity. Business
Horizons, 51 (3): 191-199.
- Berman, Barry (2006). Developing an Effective Customer Loyalty Program. California
Management Review, 49 (1): 123-148. Translated into Dutch by Holland Management Review.
- Berman, Barry (2005). How to Delight Your Customers. California Management Review, 48 (1):
129-151. This article is one of California Management Review's best-selling reprints.
- Berman, Barry (2005). Applying Yield Management Pricing to Your Service Business. Business
Horizons 48 (2): 169-179.
- Thelen, Shawn, Sandra Mottner & Barry Berman (2004). Data Mining: Following the Trail to
Marketing Gold. Business Horizons 47 (6): 25-32.
- Berman, Barry (2004). Strategies to Combat the Sale of Gray Market Goods. Business
Horizons 47 (4): 51-60.
- Berman, Barry, & Shawn Thelen (2004). A Guide to Developing and Managing a Well Integrated
Multi-Channel Retail Strategy. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 32 (3):
- Berman, Barry (2002), Should Your Firm Adopt a Mass Customization Strategy? Business
Horizons 45 (4): 51-60. (cover story).
- Berman, Barry & Alex P. Sharland (2002). The Teaching of Relationship Marketing Concepts in
Introductory Undergraduate Principles and Graduate Introductory Marketing Courses. Journal of
Marketing Education 24 (2) . 125-134.
- Evans, Joel R. and Barry Berman (2001). Conceptualizing and Operationalizing the Business-to-Business
Value Chain Industrial Marketing Management 30 (2): 135-148.
- Berman, Barry (1999). Planning for the Inevitable Recall. Business Horizons 42 (2): 69-78.
Special Accomplishments2009, 2006, 2003
Co-chaired (with Dr. Charles McMellon): Triennial Retailing Conference (sponsored by): the Academy of
Marketing Science (AMS) & the American Collegiate Retailing Association (ACRA).
Alumni Achievement Award
Ph.D. Alumni Association
Graduate School & Center, City University of New York