Associate Professor of Teaching, Literacy and Leadership
Hagedorn Hall 141
Send an Email
DegreesPHD, 2003, Sherbrooke University; MA, 1993, Univ Laval; BA, 1981, Univ Pedagogica Expmntl Lbrtdr
- Born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela. Earned a degree as professor in Chemistry and General Sciences and spent over 15 years as an elementary and middle school science teacher in an inner city school in Caracas.
- Earned a Master degree in science education in 1993, at Laval University (Quebec, Canada), and a Ph.D. in 2003 at Sherbrooke University (Quebec, Canada)
- Accepted a position at Hofstra University in 2005 as an assistant professor in the department of Curriculum and Teaching.
- Current research focused on the impact of outdoor classrooms on science methods courses in teacher education programs as well as developing video-conferencing and podcasts in science for teacher education programs.
- Currently Director of the Master of Arts in Elementary Education, Specialization in Math, Science and Technology at Hofstra University.
- Fluent in English, Spanish, French and German.
- Currently Director, STEM Elementary Education, and for more information, visit http://www.hofstra.edu/Academics/Colleges/SOEAHS/TLL/STEM/index.html
Teaching InterestsScience methods courses
Research InterestsScience education Nature of science Teacher education On-line teaching and learning
Recent Courses Taught
|ELED 128A||INT TCH MATH ELY&CHILD ED||Undergraduate|
|ELED 128L||MATH FIELD PLACEMENT LAB||Undergraduate|
|ELED 129A||INT TCH SCI IN ELY&CHILD EDU||Undergraduate|
|ELED 129L||SCIENCE FIELD PLACEMENT LAB||Undergraduate|
|ELED 208||INTER PERSP ON TEA MATH & SCI||Graduate|
|ELED 210||SCI & TECH IN THE CURRICULUM||Graduate|
|ELED 213||CRIT PERSPEC IN HUMAN DEVEL||Graduate|
|ELED 223||CLASS PERSPEC & ISSUES: EL ED||Graduate|
|ELED 231||CURR & INSTR-SCIENCE||Graduate|
|ELED 232||CURR & INSTR-MATH||Graduate|
|ELED 250B||THE MASTER'S THESIS||Graduate|