Associate Professor of Teaching, Literacy and Leadership
Degrees: PHD, 2003, Sherbrooke University; MA, 1993, Univ Laval; BA, 1981, Univ Pedagogica Expmntl Lbrtdr
- Born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela. Earned a degree as professor in Chemistry and General Sciences and spent over 15 years as an elementary and middle school science teacher in an inner city school in Caracas.
- Earned a Master degree in science education in 1993, at Laval University (Quebec, Canada), and a Ph.D. in 2003 at Sherbrooke University (Quebec, Canada)
- Accepted a position at Hofstra University in 2005 as an assistant professor in the department of Curriculum and Teaching.
- Current research focused on the impact of outdoor classrooms on science methods courses in teacher education programs as well as developing video-conferencing and podcasts in science for teacher education programs.
- Currently Director of the Master of Arts in Elementary Education, Specialization in Math, Science and Technology at Hofstra University.
- Fluent in English, Spanish, French and German.
- Currently Director, STEM Elementary Education, and for more information, visit http://www.hofstra.edu/Academics/Colleges/SOEAHS/TLL/STEM/index.html