Professor of Marketing and International Business
DegreesPHD, 1996, Georgia State Univ; MS, 1992, Univ Illinois Urbana; BA, 1987, Dongguk Univ
- MBA350 Integrative Capstone course of Zarb School MBA program
- MKT245 Research for Marketing Decisions (graduate)
- MKT101 Principles of Marketing
- MKT144 Marketing Research
- MKT175 Marketing Planning and Strategy
- MKT203 Marketing Analysis and Management
- MBA350 Integrative Capstone course of Zarb School MBA program
Areas of Expertise & Research
- Brand equity
- Marketing scale development
- Luxury brand counterfeiting
- Consumer animosity
- Online and offline retail productivity
English and Korean
Ph.D. in Marketing
Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
Master of Science (M.S.) in Business Administration
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English Language and Literature
Dongguk University, Seoul, South Korea
- Yoo, Boonghee and Seung-Hee Lee (2012), "Asymmetrical Effects of Past Experiences with Genuine Fashion Luxury Brands and Their Counterfeits on Purchase Intention of Each," Journal of Business Research, 65 (October), 1507-1515.
- Yoo, Boonghee, Naveen Donthu, and Tomasz Lenartowicz (2011), "Measuring
Hofstede's Five Dimensions of Cultural Values at the Individual Level:
Development and Validation of CVSCALE," Journal of International Consumer
Marketing, 23 (3/4), 193-210.
- Thelen, Shawn T., Boonghee Yoo (Thelen and Yoo are co-first authors), and Vincent
P. Magnini (2011), "An Examination of Consumer Sentiment toward Offshored
Services," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 39 (2), 270-289.
- Swani, Kunal and Boonghee Yoo (2010), "Interactions between Price and Price
Deal," Journal of Product and Brand Management, 19 (2), 143-152.
- Lee, Seung-Hee and Boonghee Yoo (2009), " A Review of Determinants of
Counterfeiting and Piracy and the Proposition for Future Research," Korean J
ournal of Policy Studies, 24 (1), 1-38.
- Yoo, Boonghee (2009), " Cross-National Invariance of the Effect of Personal
Collectivistic Orientation on Brand Loyalty and Equity: The United States versus
South Korean Consumers," Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 21
(1), 41-57 (Awarded The 2010 Outstanding Paper of the Journal, i.e., the best paper
of the journal).
- Yoo, Boonghee (2009), "Developing an Overall Ranking of 79 Marketing Journals:
An Introduction of PRINQUAL to Marketing," Australasian Marketing Journal,
17 (4), 160-174.
- Yoo, Boonghee and Seung-Hee Lee (2009), "Buy Genuine Luxury Fashion Products
or Counterfeits," Advances in Consumer Research. 36, 280-286.
- Yoo, Boonghee and Naveen Donthu (2005), "The Effect of Personal Cultural
Orientation on Consumer Ethnocentrism: Evaluations and Behaviors of U.S.
Consumers toward Japanese Products," Journal of International Consumer
Marketing, 18 (1/2), 7-44.
- Dou, Wenyu, Boonghee Yoo, and Ma Liang Yu (2003), "Consumer Patronage of
Ethnic Portals," International Marketing Review, 20 (6), 661-677.
- Yoo, Boonghee and Rujirutana Mandhachitara (2003), "Estimating Advertising
Effects on Sales in a Competitive Setting," Journal of Advertising Research,
43 (September), 310-321.
- Yoo, Boonghee and Naveen Donthu (2002), "Testing Cross-Cultural Invariance
of Brand Equity Creation Process," Journal of Product & Brand Management,
11 (6), 380-398.
- Dadzie, Kofi Q., Wesley J. Johnston, Boonghee Yoo, and Tom G. Brashear (2002),
"Measurement Equivalence and Applicability of Core Marketing Concepts Across
Nigerian, Kenyan, Japanese and U.S. Firms: An optimal Scaling Approach,"
Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 17 (6), 430-455.
- Yoo, Boonghee and Naveen Donthu (2002), "The Effects of Marketing Education
and Individual Cultural Values on Marketing Ethics of Students," Journal of
Marketing Education, 24 (August), 92-103.
- Yoo, Boonghee (2002), "Cross-Group Comparisons: A Cautionary Note,"
Psychology & Marketing, 19 (April), 357-368.
- Yoo, Boonghee and Naveen Donthu (2001), "Developing and Validating a
Multidimensional Consumer-Based Brand Equity Scale," Journal of Business
Research, 52 (April), 1-14.
- Yoo, Boonghee and Naveen Donthu (2001), "Developing a Scale to Measure the
Perceived Quality of an Internet Shopping Site (SITEQUAL)," Quarterly
Journal of Electronic Commerce, 2 (1), 31-47.
- Yoo, Boonghee, Naveen Donthu, and Sungho Lee (2000), "An Examination of
Selected Marketing Mix Elements and Brand Equity," Journal of the Academy
of Marketing Science, 28 (April), 195-211.
- Donthu, Naveen and Boonghee Yoo (1998), "Cultural Influences on Service
Quality Expectations," Journal of Service Research, 1 (November), 178-185.
- Donthu, Naveen and Boonghee Yoo (1998), "Retail Productivity Assessment Using
Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Retailing, 74 (Spring), 89-105.
- Yoo, Boonghee, Naveen Donthu and Bruce K. Pilling (1998), "Channel Efficiency:
Franchise versus Non-Franchise Systems," Journal of Marketing Channels, 6
- Pilling, Bruce K., Steve W. Henson, and Boonghee Yoo (1995), "Competition among
Franchises, Company-Owned Units, and Independent Operators: A Population
Ecology Application," Special Issue of Franchising: Contemporary Issues and
Research, Journal of Marketing Channels, 4 (1/2), 177-195.
Awards & Honors
Dean's Service Award, Zarb School of Business, Hofstra University
The 2010 Outstanding Paper Award for Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics.
AMA's Hugh G. Wales Award
Outstanding Faculty Advisor in Recognition of Outstanding Service and Guidance to the
Collegiate Hofstra Chapter
2003 - Present
Listed in Marquis Who's Who in America
Best Paper Award
Consumer Behavior Track American Marketing Association
2001 Summer Educators' Conference
College of Business Winner of the Teacher Recognition Award
Excellence of Teaching (university-wide award for outstanding teaching)
Student Representative Assembly, St. Cloud State University
Fellow of the American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Scientific Advertising Award
Awarded by the CEO of Cheil Communications, Inc., South Korea
1987 - 1991
Assistant Marketing Manager
Cheil Communications, Inc. (A Samsung company; Ranked as the largest ad agency
in South Korea and one of the 20 largest agencies in the world)
Seoul, South Korea.
1983 - 1985
Corporal and 81mm Mortar Shooter
67th Army Infantry Division
South Korea Army, South Korea
Teaching Interestsmarketing research, cross-cultural consumer behavior, principles of marketing, and international marketing
Research Interestsbrand equity, internet marketing strategy, marketing scale development, cross-cultural consumer behavior, retail productivity, and quantitative approaches to marketing
Recent Courses Taught
|MBA 350||MBA INTEGRATIVE CAPSTONE||Graduate|
|MKT 144||MARKETING RESEARCH||Undergraduate|
|MKT 174||BUSINESS INTERNSHIP||Undergraduate|
|MKT 175||MARKETING PLANNING & STRATEGY||Undergraduate|
|MKT 185||INTERNSHIP IN MARKETING||Undergraduate|
|MKT 203||MARKETING ANALYSIS & MANAGEMNT||Graduate|
|MKT 245||RESEARCH FOR MKT DECISIONS||Graduate|
|MKT 280||ADVANCED MARKETING RESEARCH||Graduate|
|MKT 310||THESIS IN MARKETING RESEARCH||Graduate|
|MKT 311||THESIS IN MKT RESEARCH||Graduate|
|MKT 329||GRADUATE BASIC INTERNSHIP||Graduate|
|MKT 330||GRADUATE INTERNSHIP||Graduate|
|MKT 332||M.S. MARKETING RES INTRNSHP||Graduate|