Joel R. Evans
Professor of Marketing and International Business
Degrees: PHD, 1975, CUNY Gr Sch & Univ Cnt; MBA, 1974, CUNY Baruch Coll; BA, 1970, CUNY Queens Coll
- EMBA430 Capstone Research Integration Project
- MKT248 Strategic Decisions for Internet Marketing
- MKT249 Product Innovation and Planning
- MKT231 Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- MKT101Principles of Marketing
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Planning
Prospective Entrepreneurs: Plan for the Challenges Ahead in the 2010 MBA Review.
- Internet Marketing
The Value of Online Surveys in the 2005 Internet Research.
Co-authored (with Dr. Barry Berman) in 2010 the 11th Edition of Retail Management: A Strategic Approach.
Foreign editions of this text have been published in Canada, China, India, Philippines, & Russia (in Russian).
- Marketing Management
Co-authored (with Dr. Barry Berman) in 2010 the 11th Edition of Marketing.
The 1985 edition was one of the first marketing books published in Russia;
and the 2002 edition was one of the first marketing texts to be published as an e-book.
- Career Planning
The Art of Self-Branding: Making Yourself Relevant to Employers in the 2009 MBA Review.
Ph.D. in Business and Public Policy Specializations in Marketing
Graduate School & University Center, City University of New York
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Business Administration and Policy
Bernard M. Baruch College, City University of New York (C.U.N.Y.)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Economics
Queens College, City University of New York (C.U.N.Y.)
- Joel R. Evans and Stacey B. Evans, several entries in Linda Swayne, Ed. (2012),
Encyclopedia of Sports Management and Marketing, Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, California.
- Berman, Barry & Joel R. Evans (2010), Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, 11th Ed., Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Berman, Barry & Joel R. Evans, Eds. (2010), Great Ideas in Retailing for Retail
Management, 11th Ed., Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Evans, Joel R. & Barry Berman (2010), Marketing in the 21st Century, 4th Ed., Cengage Learning: Mason, Ohio
- Evans, Joel, R. Ed. (2009), Strategic Challenges and Opportunities in Uncertain Times, Proceedings of the Ninth Triennial Retailing Conference co-sponsored by the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) and the American Collegiate Retailing
- Evans, Joel R. and Barry Berman (2007), Marketing Management, India Ed., Cengage Learning India.
Association (ACRA), Academy of Marketing Science: Hempstead, N.Y..
- Evans, Joel R. (2011). Retailing in Perspective: The Past Is a Prologue to the Future.
International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research (February): 1-31.
- Evans, Joel R. (2010). The Role, Development, and Implementation of a Marketing
Knowledge Base as a Tool in the Enhancement and Assessment of Student Learning.
Marketing Education Review (Fall): 189-204.
- Evans, Joel R. (2010). Prospective Entrepreneurs: Plan for the Challenges Ahead. MBA Review (March): 10-15.
- Evans, Joel R. (2009). The Art of Self-Branding: Making Yourself Relevant to Employers. MBA Review (December): 22-27.
- Evans, Joel R. (2005). Are the Largest Public Retailers Top Financial Performers? A Longitudinal Analysis. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, (11): 842-857.
- Evans, Joel R. and Anil Mathur (2005). The Value of Online Surveys Internet Research, (Number 2: 195-219.
1990 - present
Member Editorial Board of Marketing Education Review
1996 - present
Member Editorial Board of Industrial Marketing Management
1996 - present
Member Editorial Board of Journal of Marketing Management
2001 - present
Member Editorial Board of Internet Research
Keynote Speaker: Careers in Business 2010: Opportunities and Challenges. Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY.
Special Session Speaker: Retailing at a Crossroads: How Did We Get to This Recession and Where are We Headed? Triennial Retailing Conference, sponsored by the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) and the American Collegiate Retailing Association (ACRA), New Orleans.
Keynote Speaker and Panelist: The Next Wave: Career Opportunities
in Business. Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY. See YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZjRyqbb9g
2008 & 2009
Featured Speaker: Black Friday, LI Talks. Channel 12 News, November.
Featured Speaker: Black Friday, LI Talks., Channel 12 News, November.