Professor of Marketing and International Business
DegreesPHD, 1975, CUNY Gr Sch & Univ Cnt; MBA, 1974, CUNY Baruch Coll; BA, 1970, CUNY Queens Coll
THE RMI DISTINGUISHED PROFESSORSHIP IN BUSINESS, PROFESSOR OF MARKETING AND INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
- EMBA430 Capstone Research Integration Project
- MKT248 Strategic Decisions for Internet Marketing
- MKT249 Product Innovation and Planning
- MKT231 Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- MKT101 Principles of Marketing
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Planning
Prospective Entrepreneurs: Plan for the Challenges Ahead in the 2010 MBA Review.
- Internet Marketing
Several presentations on social media and Internet marketing to a variety of audiences. Articles on Internet marketing.
- Integrated Business Planning and Analysis
Co-authored with Dr. Anil Mathur) in 2013 "Using Financial Ratios to Track Performance: A Model and Twenty-Five Year Analysis of U.S. Retailing." International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research.
- Marketing Management
Co-authored (with Dr. Barry Berman) in 2010 the 11th Edition of Marketing.
The 1985 edition was one of the first marketing books published in Russia;
and the 2002 edition was one of the first marketing texts to be published as an e-book.
- Career Planning
The Art of Self-Branding: Making Yourself Relevant to Employers in the 2009 MBA Review.
Ph.D. in Business and Public Policy Specializations in Marketing
Graduate School & University Center, City University of New York
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Business Administration and Policy
Bernard M. Baruch College, City University of New York (C.U.N.Y.)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Economics
Queens College, City University of New York (C.U.N.Y.)
- Editor. Planning and Implementing a Retail Strategy, The Marketing & Management Collection, Henry Stewart Talks Ltd, London (online at http://hstalks.com/go), in process. To be published online in late 2013.
- Joel R. Evans and Stacey B. Evans, several entries in Linda Swayne, Ed. (2012),
Encyclopedia of Sports Management and Marketing, Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks, California.
- Berman, Barry & Joel R. Evans (2013), Retail Management: A Strategic Approach, 12th Ed., Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Berman, Barry & Joel R. Evans, Eds. (2010), Great Ideas in Retailing for Retail
Management, 11th Ed., Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Evans, Joel R. & Barry Berman (2010), Marketing in the 21st Century, 4th Ed., Cengage Learning: Mason, Ohio
- Evans, Joel, R. Ed. (2009), Strategic Challenges and Opportunities in Uncertain Times, Proceedings of the Ninth Triennial Retailing Conference co-sponsored by the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) and the American Collegiate Retailing
- Evans, Joel R. and Barry Berman (2007), Marketing Management, India Ed., Cengage Learning India.
Association (ACRA), Academy of Marketing Science: Hempstead, N.Y..
- Evans, Joel R. (2011). Retailing in Perspective: The Past Is a Prologue to the Future.
International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research (February): 1-31.
- Evans, Joel R. (2010). The Role, Development, and Implementation of a Marketing
Knowledge Base as a Tool in the Enhancement and Assessment of Student Learning.
Marketing Education Review (Fall): 189-204.
- Evans, Joel R. (2010). Prospective Entrepreneurs: Plan for the Challenges Ahead. MBA Review (March): 10-15.
- Evans, Joel R. (2009). The Art of Self-Branding: Making Yourself Relevant to Employers. MBA Review (December): 22-27.
- Evans, Joel R. (2005). Are the Largest Public Retailers Top Financial Performers? A Longitudinal Analysis. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, (11): 842-857.
- Evans, Joel R. and Anil Mathur (2005). The Value of Online Surveys Internet Research, (Number 2: 195-219.
1990 - present
Member Editorial Board of Marketing Education Review
1996 - present
Member Editorial Board of Industrial Marketing Management
1996 - present
Member Editorial Board of Journal of Marketing Management
Member Editorial Board of Internet Research
Evans on Marketing (a blog with daily post) -- http://evansonmarketing.com)
Retailing: From A to Z by Joel Evans (a blog with daily post) -- http://berevansonmarketing.com)
Speaker, "How to Be Even Smarter Online," Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY.
Speaker, "Social Media and Health Care Professionals," Queens Hospital Center, Queens, NY.
Organizer, Host, and Master of Ceremonies, "Zarb School of Business Networking Event: The New Rules of Marketing - Participate or Perish," Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY.
Speaker, "How to Be Smart Online," Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY.
Speaker, "How to Best Use LinkedIn: A Hands-On Presentation, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Keynote Speaker: Careers in Business 2010: Opportunities and Challenges. Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY.
Special Session Speaker: Retailing at a Crossroads: How Did We Get to This Recession and Where are We Headed? Triennial Retailing Conference, sponsored by the Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) and the American Collegiate Retailing Association (ACRA), New Orleans.
Keynote Speaker and Panelist: The Next Wave: Career Opportunities
in Business. Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY. See YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZjRyqbb9g
2008 & 2009
Featured Speaker: Black Friday, LI Talks. Channel 12 News, November.
Featured Speaker: Black Friday, LI Talks., Channel 12 News, November.
Teaching InterestsPrinciples of Marketing, Capstone EMBA Course, Online and Social Media Marketing, Product Innovation and Management
Research InterestsApplied Marketing Research, Financial Ratio Analysis, Strategic Marketing, Retail Management, Social Media, Product Management
Recent Courses Taught
|EMBA 430||CPSTN RES INGRTN PROJECT||Graduate|
|IB 329||GRADUATE BASIC INTERNSHIP||Graduate|
|MKT 101||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||Undergraduate|
|MKT 190||HONORS ESSAY||Undergraduate|
|MKT 231||SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT MKT||Graduate|
|MKT 248||STRTGC DECISNS FOR ONLINE MKT||Graduate|
|MKT 249||PRODUCT INNOVATION&PLANNING||Graduate|
|MKT 329||GRADUATE BASIC INTERNSHIP||Graduate|