Victor D. Lopez
Associate Professor of Accounting, Taxation, and Legal Studies in Business
Send an Email
Degrees: JD, 1983, St Johns Univ Jamaica; BA, 1980, CUNY Queens Coll
Victor D. López is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting, Taxation and Legal Studies in Business. He holds a Juris Doctor degree from St. John’s University School of Law and a B.A. from Queens College, CUNY (English Writing-Honors Program). He is a member of the New York State Bar.
His professional affiliations include membership in the New York State Bar Association, the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB), and the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business (NEALSB). He serves as a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals and has served as an officer of the North East Academy of Legal Studies in Business (NEALSB) from 2009-2012 (President, 2011-2012, President-elect and Program Chair 2010-2011 and Vice President 2009-2010).
Immediately prior to joining the Hofstra University faculty, he was the Dean of the Business Division at Broome Community College for four years, and prior to that he served as Professor of Business at SUNY at Delhi for 12 years.
- LEGL 20 - Introduction to Legal Systems, Environment and Contracts
- LEGL 24 - Legal Aspects of Business Organizations and Activities
- LEGL 116 - Cyberlaw: Law for the Internet and Technology
- LEGL 121 - Law for the Entrepreneur
Publications since Joining the Hofstra University Faculty in 2006
- Business Law: An Introduction 2e, Textbook Media (2011) (
- Intellectual Property Law: A Practical Guide to Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks and Trade Secrets (CreateSpace & Kindle Direct Publishing, Summer 2011)
- Book of Dreams: Science Fiction and Speculative Fiction Short Stories,CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing (2011)
- Of Pain and Ecstasy: Collected Poems, CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing (2011)
- Business Law and the Legal Environment of Business 2e, Textbook Media (2010)
Articles in Refereed Journals and law reviews
- Illegal Immigration: Economic, Social and Ethical Implications, North East Journal of Legal Studies, Vol. 22 (Fall 2009)
- Legislating Relief for the High Cost of College Textbooks: A Brief Analysis of the Current Law and its Implication for Students, Faculty and the Publishing Industry, Journal of Legal Studies in Business, Vol. 15 (2009)
- Principled Leadership: Finding Common Ground Among Divergent Philosophies, University of Botswana Law Journal, Vol. 11 (2010)
- State Homestead Exemptions and Bankruptcy Law: Is it Time for Congress to Close the Loophole?, Rutgers Business Law Journal, Vol. 7 ( Spring 2010)
- Unauthorized Practice of Law in the U.S.: A Survey and Brief Analysis of the Law, North East Journal of Legal Studies, Vol. 26 (Fall 2011)