The following are PDF's that contain important information for both off campus and commuting students:
- Recess Tips
- Texting While Driving Statistics
- Alcohol Poisoning
- Fire and Personal Safety Tips
- How to Read Your Lease
- Neighborly Etiquette
- Top 10 Transit Questions
- Social Host Laws
- Tenant Resources
- What is BAC and its effects?
The one-stop information center for students who choose to live off-campus. This office houses information about other campus resources, programs, and advocates for the commuter population.
- Location: 221 Mack Student Center, North Campus.
- Contact: (516) 463-3469 or via e-mail
Registering your meal plan? Lost your student ID? Stop here!
- Location: 110 Mack Student Center, North Campus
- Contact: (516) 463-6942 or via e-mail
Officers patrol the campus by car, bike, and foot, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They provide walking escorts and motorist needs. This is also where you register your car.
- Location: Corner of California Ave. and Hempstead Turnpike (next to Dunkin Donuts).
- Contact: (516) 463-6606
To Register your Vehicle:
Take your Hofstra ID and the vehicle that you would like to register to the Department of Public Safety. They will register and sticker your vehicle
You have free access with you student ID (you can even bring a friend with you! - guest policy before 5 pm).
- Location: Northeast corner of North campus.
- Contact: (516) 463-4037 or via e-mail
Provides psychological, vocational, and educational counseling to students (both individually and in group settings). Free of charge for the first three sessions.
- Location: Saltzman Center; South Campus (next to the third unispan).
- Contact: (516) 463-6535 or via e-mail
Computing Services offers a wide range of services to students including: Free computer repairs for in-warranty Dell and IBM computers, iPrint (allows you to print from anywhere in the world to three locations on campus), the F-drive which you can access through the Portal anywhere in the world and computer skills workshops.
- Location: 106C Calkins Hall, South Campus
- Contact: (516) 463-7777, option 1
The Wellness Center is Hofstra's on-campus infirmary. Services include free primary care and specialty care (OB/GYN services). The Wellness Center also dispenses antibiotics and over the counter medication. They can also perform preventative immunizations and testing that would be covered by your parent/guardians insurance policies.
- Contact: (516) 463-6745
Assists students, recent graduates and alumni in the career planning process- for free! This includes resume and cover letter guidance, interviewing techniques, and even selecting career objectives.
- Location: M. Robert Lowe Hall; South Campus
- Contact: (516) 463-6060 or via e-mail
The Hofstra Writing Center offers free one-on-one help with all aspects of the writing process, including writer's block! The center offers appointment as well as walk-in hours.
- Location: 102 Mason Hall, South Campus
- Contact: (516) 463-4908 or via e-mail
Having difficulty in one of your classes? You can get help for free! The Center for University Advisement runs a tutoring program where you can receive up to 1.5 hours of tutoring for up to 3 classes semester! All you have to do is fill out an application to receive tutoring at www.hofstra.edu/StudentAffairs/advise and return it to the office.
- Location: 101 Memorial Hall, South Campus.
- Contact: (516) 463-3500