Did You Know?
All Hofstra University departments, services and activities are available for commuting students:
- Hofstra University has a special meal plan rate for commuting students which can be found on our Student Services page. Visit Hofstra Card Services in room 110 Mack Student Center to purchase this or any other meal plan.
- Registering your car and parking is free on campus, and the parking lot behind Breslin Hall is for commuter students only!
- There are almost 200 co-curricular clubs and organizations to join, including the Organization of Commuter Services. More information about these various clubs can be found at The Office of Student Leadership and Activities.
- There are lockers, free of charge for students, located in the hallway on the second floor of the Student Center. Just bring a lock!
- The Blue Beetle makes campus rounds and trips to the Hempstead and Mineola Train Stations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- That by dialing 463-SNOW, you can hear information regarding University closings during inclement weather.
- There is an on campus Game Room, located in 029 Student Center equipped with couches, televisions, pool tables and video games and more!
- Public Safety is available 24 hours a day with motorist needs, escorts and emergency response. They can be reached at (516) 463-6606 or for an emergency, (516) 463-6789.
- Students can request free tutoring for up to 3 classes a semester? Visit this link for more information.
- Did you know there are several commuter lounges located throughout campus? Feel free to visit them in Cafe Bistro at Bits 'n' Bytes, NewsHub in the Herbert School of Communication, Breslin Hall on the second floor, Mack Student Center Lounge, Berliner Hall, C.V. Starr Hall, Hammer Lab, and the commuter lounge in our office, located in room 221 in the Mack Student Center.