Orientation Dates Summer 2013
2013 New Student Orientation Dates
- June 11-13 – Week 1
- June 18-20 – Week 2
- June 25-27 – Week 3
- July 9-11 – Week 4
- July 16-18 – Week 5
- July 23-25 – Week 6
- July 30 – August 1 – Week 7
- August 6-8 – Week 8
The Orientation brochure will have detailed directions on how to sign up for New Student Orientation. You will be asked to indicate your preference for New Student Orientation dates and explore options for your first-semester academic program. When you register online, please indicate your first choice, as well as two alternate orientation sessions. We will try to accommodate your first choice; however, space is often limited. Please do not choose the same date twice. We ask that you not make travel plans until you receive an email confirmation at your Hofstra email address.
Select your dates accordingly if you are part of (or plan to be part of) any of these special groups. Please note that these are "preferred" dates. If you cannot make these preferred dates, you can select any of the other dates.
- Cheerleaders and Dance Team members must be registered students in order to practice with the teams during the summer. Students who expect to be Hofstra Cheerleaders or members of the Dance Team in the fall semester should attend one of the following sessions: June 25-27, July 9-11, July 16-18
- Drama majors should attend one of the following sessions: June 11-13, June 18-20, June 25-27, July 9-11
- Dance majors should attend one of the following sessions: June 18-20, June 25-27, July 9-11, July 16-18
- Hofstra University Honors College students should attend one of the following sessions: June 11-13, June 18-20, June 25-27, July 9-11
- International students are welcome to attend the August 6-8 summer orientation session, provided that all visa and immigration paperwork is in order. There is a required international student program August 26-28 that is sponsored by the Office of Multicultural & International Student Programs. Please be aware that we are unable to provide housing from August 8 to 26. If you have any questions about the international student program please call the Office of Multicultural & International Student Programs at 516-463-6796.
- Music majors should attend one of the following sessions: June 11-13, June 18-20, June 25-2, July 9-11 – July 30 – August 1, August 6-8. Prospective music majors will take the Music Theory Placement Exam during the last day of orientation. The exam takes approximately 1 1/2 hours to complete. Please call the Hofstra Department of Music at 516-463-5490 if you have questions related to this exam.
- NCAA student-athletes should attend one of the following sessions: June 11-13, June 18-20. These students should bring a copy of their fall practice schedule to orientation; it will assist with the preparation of an academic schedule. Students may wish to direct specific questions regarding practices and games to Hofstra Athletics at 516-463-6750, or contact the appropriate coach directly.
- NOAH Students should attend one of the following sessions: June 11-13, June 18-20, June 25-27
- Zarb School of Business students are encouraged to attend one of the following sessions: June 18-20, June 25-27 , July 9-11, July 16-18
Check-in begins at 8:45 a.m. at the Netherlands Complex, North Campus, on Tuesdays. Students traveling from a distance may request to check in on Monday. Check-in on Monday begins after 6 p.m. and must be requested by e-mail after you receive your New Student Orientation confirmation. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request early check-in.
Orientation is completed on Thursday afternoon after each student registers for classes and then checks out of the Netherlands Complex. Advisement appointments are on Thursday are scheduled through 5 p.m. Please do not make any travel arrangements until you receive printed materials about New Student Orientation, sign up for dates, and receive an email confirmation for the dates you have been assigned.