Class of 2015
Even though you’re not the new kid on the block anymore (remember the nerves you felt coming to Welcome Week?), you may still need some help securing your place at Hofstra, both academically and socially. You may be looking to step up your involvement from last year, or maybe you are looking for a fresh start. Either way, it’s time to get ready – fall will be here before you know it, and all of us at Hofstra are looking forward to having you back on campus!
*NEW* The next Writing Proficiency Exam for transfer students, juniors, seniors, and freshman and sophomores with AP credit, will be held on Wednesday, March 20th, and Thursday, March 21th, in the Student Center Theater. The times will be 10am, 2pm, and 6pm. No need to register in advance – just bring your Hofstra ID. Check your Hofstra email for further information or contact Eileen.Greco@Hofstra.edu for details.
The Savvy Sophomore Checklist
- If you haven’t done so already, you should declare your major this year. Visit your major department to meet with a faculty advisor, or set up an appointment with your Advisement dean if you’re still not sure what to major in. Make an appointment at The Career Center for a career assessment. Keep in mind: You must declare a major prior to earning 60 credits.
- If you haven’t started your language requirement (if applicable), this is the semester to start hablar español/le fait de parler le français/日本語を話, etc. Start your summer 2013 internship search this fall. Being first in the queue will work to your advantage.
- Want to study abroad? The fall semester is the time to look at your options for study abroad opportunities.
- If you’re pre-health or pre-law and haven’t met with a pre-professional advisor, call the Center for University Advisement for an appointment.
- Visit The Career Center and meet with a career counselor. Don’t wait until your senior year, as you will miss out on a lot of programs, events and opportunities!
- Join a club or organization, or step up to a leadership position in a club or organization you joined last year.
There are more tips and suggestions in the Sophomore Newsletter.