Faculty and Administrators
Partner with the Career Center
As a Hofstra University faculty or administrator, chances are students will inquire with you about major choices, finding internships, applying to graduate school or job searches. The Career Center is here to help you effectively address your students’ needs. There are many ways we can work with academic departments and administrative offices to enhance our students’ career development:
- Events and Programs Brought to You - With advanced notice, The Career Center staff can come to your campus location to present career related workshops on topics such as resumes, internships, and interviewing, or we can also tailor a workshop to meet your needs. We can also collaborate with programs and events you are currently planning. Please submit a workshop request form and a staff member will respond to you within a week.
- In-Class Presentations - Invite the Career Center to your class. The Career Center Staff is pleased to make available career-related programs targeting your students' specific career needs. To request a presentation, please complete the workshop request form.
- Special Requests – If you have additional questions or suggestions for how we can collaborate, contact our office at 463-6060, or email us at email@example.com, and a Career Center representative will respond to your inquiries and brainstorm ways in which we can collaborate further.
Faculty & Administrator Resources
The Hofstra Career Center is a proud member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers. The Career Center is pleased to offer you guides targeting various faculty needs:
Faculty Guide to Hiring Ethics
Tips for Providing References
Sample Reference Letter for Faculty
Pride Career Management System (Pride-CMS)
The Hofstra Career Center utilizes cutting edge software to keep our students in touch with internship and job opportunities. Pride-CMS is our online job and internship posting database utilized to promote career opportunities and recruitment initiatives to Hofstra students and alumni. Pride-CMS enables students to:
- Search job postings, including full-time and part-time job openings, as well as internships and volunteer opportunities - updated daily!
- Electronically submit their resume, curriculum vitae (CV), and cover letter to employers
- View employer on-campus interviews schedules and resume drops
- View and register for career service programs/workshops, career fairs, and employer presentations
- Maintain a personal calendar; manage multiple resumes, curriculum vitas (CVs), cover letters, other employment related documents
- Receive messages regarding upcoming career services events via Twitter, Facebook and Text
- Make their resume accessible to TC employers and/or to a national employer database
*If you would like to know more about the Pride Career Management System, please contact our office at 516-463-6060 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Career Center representative would be happy to answer your questions.