The Career Center offers a number of services designed to assist students in their job searches within schools, not for profit and social service agencies, healthcare companies, or hospital systems:
- Schedule an appointment for individual career advisement and/or mock interview. For more information on our hours please click on Contact Us on top of this page.
- Utilize The Career Center’s Quick Question Hours for resume and cover letter critiques. Quick Question Hours are periodically offered in the evening at Hagedorn Hall. For more information on our hours please click on Contact Us on top of this page.
- The Pride-Career Management System (Pride-CMS) on the Hofstra portal is our primary career resource and job posting board. To connect, click on the Get Connected link located under "feature links".
- Annual Local and Out of State Interview Days are open to current students in their last year of study. Representatives seek candidates for a variety of certified teaching and counseling related positions for the upcoming school year. Eligibility and participation requirements can be found under the On Campus Recruitment link on the left-hand side of this page.
- Various career fairs are held on-campus throughout the year that include schools, not for profit and social service agencies, healthcare companies, and hospital systems. More information can be found under the Career Fairs link on the left-hand side of this page.
- Various seminars and workshops throughout the year geared towards employment in school and/or healthcare settings. A listing of these events can be found under Pride Recruiting on the top of this page.
- Online Webshops for current students on Blackboard. More information can be found under the Get Connected link on the left-hand side of this page.
- Credential File/Letters of Recommendation service for graduate school planning and employment purposes. For more detailed information on this service, click on the link on the left-hand side of this page.