FCS offers several services to instructors at Hofstra. Please visit our keyword-searchable TeachTools wiki for immediate ideas and solutions to technological and pedagogical issues. And please contact us (by phone at 463-6894, email at FCSHelp@Hofstra.edu or in person at 215 McEwen Hall) to discuss your plans.
Here's a brief summary of some services we offer:
- Training: FCS Staff members are available to train you how to use a wide variety of software programs, electronics, and other teaching tools. Contact us to make your appointment or simply stop by the Faculty Support Center anytime.
- Blackboard: Blackboard is a powerful tool for organizing your course materials and increasing communication between your and your students. And it's easy to use! We'll show you the ins-and-outs of using Blackboard in your courses.
- Classroom technical support: We are here to help with any issues or special requests you have while teaching in a technology-enhanced classroom
- Instructional Design Services: The possibilities are endless when you incorporate technology into your courses. We can help you develop customized media materials and 'learning objects' to enhance your students' comprehension of challenging course material.
- Discipline-specific instructional technology: FCS Staff are here to help you explore the universe of instructional technology. We can find solutions for specific projects or present a menu of what's currently available for your discipline or department.
- Equipment Loans: You can borrow digital still and video cameras, audio recorders, microphones and other electronic equipment for use in your course projects.