About the Career Center
Who We Are:
The Career Center staff assists students and recent graduates in finding career opportunities by serving as a facilitator for them to make connections beyond the Hofstra experience.
Come visit The Career Center at your earliest opportunity and make the most of career planning during your years at Hofstra. Our welcoming and knowledgeable staff provides assistance with career goals, career exploration, skills assessments and decision making. It is our goal to support you during your transition to internships, summer jobs, graduate school planning and or full time employment.
Who We Serve:
The Career Center strives to provide the highest quality comprehensive career services to all matriculated undergraduate and graduate students and alumni of Hofstra University.
What We Offer:
Career planning is not an event that takes place in your senior year. It is an ongoing process that involves self-assessment, career awareness, decision making and implementation.
The Career Center provides the following resources and programs to help you explore, select and pursue a meaningful career:
- One-on-one appointments with our friendly career counselors.
- Access from the Hofstra Portal to The Pride-Career Management System ("Pride-CMS"): view and apply to thousands of job and internship postings, management of letters of recommendation and event listings.
- Resources for finding internships, part time, or full-time employment
- Special event programming including annual Career Fairs.
- Career-related webshops on Blackboard. Click here to register.
- Employer information sessions and networking opportunities
- On-campus recruiting programs for all majors
- Mock Interviews
- Walk-in "quick question" hours during the fall and spring semesters, including summer sessions
- Developing resumes, cover letters and thank you letters
- Selecting or refining career objectives
- Interviewing guidance
- Online Management of Letter or Recommendations/Credential Files