Pride Career Management System
The Career Center proudly unveiled the Pride-Career Management System (Pride-CMS) in the fall of 2005. This new system is convenient to use and consistent with Hofstra's national reputation as a University with leading-edge technology. Pride-CMS is an online system, which all students and alumni can access 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Hofstra Portal.
Users can access and have the ability to:
- Complete an online profile.
- Upload and manage resumes, cover letters, and writing samples via the Documents feature.
- Apply to full-time and part-time off-campus jobs.
- Apply to internships.
- Review employer profiles of all employers utilizing Pride-CMS.
- Review various job fair details.
- Manage an online calendar and review The Career Center's calendar of events.
- Have an opportunity to include their resume in an online resume book for employers to review.
- Access PrideRecruiting, the on-campus recruitment program, once they have attended an Orientation at The Career Center. PrideRecruiting is open to all students in their final year of study and junior accounting and first-year M.S./M.B.A. students interested in summer internships. If selected for interviews, students have the incredible opportunity to interview with top-tier employers in business, healthcare, and many other sectors right in The Career Center!
- Access the online Credential File System. This service is available to all students and alumni so that they may initiate a credential file with letters of recommendation for the purposes of employment or graduate/professional school entrance. All users can initiate a file, request letters from writers, request mailings of their file to employers and schools, and review the status of their files. Writers, at the request of the student or alumnus, will be granted access to a Web address and will be able to enter into the system to view letter requests, and write and upload letters directly into a user's online account.
- Click on "My Hofstra Portal" at the top of any Hofstra University Web page.
- Log into the Portal using your Hofstra username and password. Call The Computer Center for assistance, (516) 463-7777.
- Click on "myApps" located in the upper right corner, then "Pride Career Management System".
Once in Pride-CMS, please check that your profile is accurate and complete. If looking for employment, select "Jobs & Internships" where you will have the ability to filter your view. We recommend using the "Show Me" filter. Under "Documents," upload your resume (and a cover letter) and start applying for many opportunities directly through Pride-CMS.
Call The Career Center with any questions at (516) 463-6060.