Hofstra Online Information System User Guide
You will need:
- Valid Network ID (e.g. 1st letter of your first name, first 5 letters of your last name and corresponding #)
- Valid password (first time users: ID# or birthday - 2 digit day, month, year)
- Valid six digit Alternate Pin to add/drop classes - only required for first semester freshmen and new transfer students. (Obtained from an Advisement Dean)
- Type www.hofstra.edu in the address field and hit "enter" key
- Click on "(myhofstra)" on the right side of your homepage
- Enter your "Network ID and Password"
- Click on "Login" button
To Register for Classes:
- Click on "Hofstra Online" tab
- Scroll down and click on "Registration"
- Click on "Look Up Classes to Add"
- Select appropriate term and "Submit" term
- Scroll to the appropriate subject in "By Subject" - You may enter the 3 digit course number (e.g. 001) below the subject box, OR search by Attribute to find a distribution category.
A) Click on the empty box to the left of the class you wish to add to your schedule then scroll down and click "Register."
B) Write down all of the CRNs (5 digit number of the class) and go to "Add or Drop Classes" where you can enter all of your
choices at once, then hit "submit."
- View your schedule:
A) Scroll down and click on "Student Schedule by Day and Time" and enter the appropriate semester date in order to see the
B) Go back to the menu and select "Concise Student Schedule."
You will find many other helpful items in these menus - look at "Student Records" to view any holds, view your transcript, run a degree audit report (DAR) etc.