What you must do before arrival...
- Obtain your student visa. Make copies of your I-20 (or DS-2019), visa and passport for safekeeping.
- Return your housing application and deposit to Hofstra.
- Arrange for funds transfer from your bank, obtain travelers checks and a debit/credit card for immediate expenses while in the United States.
- Confirm housing with the Office of Residential Programs. Notify the Office of Multicultural & International Student Programs of your arrival date and time.
- Arrange for medical and dental examinations before you leave. Be sure your immunizations are up-to-date. Complete the immunization form and mail and/or fax it to Hofstra.
- Make the appropriate plans for pickup at the airport when you arrive in the United States. If you are taking a bus or train from the airport, be sure that you have directions to Hofstra.
- Pack a small bag with enough clothes for the week of orientation. In addition, if you are staying on campus, bring sheets and a blanket. (During orientation you will be taken to local stores and have the chance to purchase items for your room or any additional clothing that you might need.)
Return to Prearrival Information