The Programming Board is a branch of the Student Government Association that plans campus wide events throughout the year. Student leaders are encouraged to apply to be a member of the programming board. Applications are available and are due on October 4th to the Office of Student Leadership & Activities (260 SC).
The Programming Board is an extension of the Student Government Association. It works closely with different University departments to execute a series of campus-wide events throughout the academic year. The board is comprised of undergraduate students only, run by an elected member of the Student Government Association, and advised by the Office of Student Leadership and Activities. This body is open to all undergraduate students. The Programming Board will meet weekly to maximize the planning of each event however, additional time commitments may be required of each member.
All members of the Programming Board are subject to the following requirements:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Attend weekly meetings on Monday's from 6:00 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. at a given location.
- Available to do 1 office hour each full week of classes in the Student Government Office located on the second floor of the Student Center, room 207.
The Board is broken into sub committees, each spearheaded by coordinators focusing on their themes:
- Athletic Coordinators create events centered around athletics, fitness, and health. There will be some events where Athletic Coordinators will be working closely with Hofstra's Athletics Department to ensure cohesiveness with other athletic events.
- Class Coordinators encourage unity among classes while also promoting the individuality of classes through various programs. *Class Coordinators must be able to attend Hofstra's Class Programming meetings as well. A data and time for those meetings will be negotiable.*
- Novelty Coordinators put on entertainment styled campus wide events that do not target any individual audience, but events that can be enjoyable for all students.
- Multicultural Coordinators create programs pertaining to diversity, education, and the celebration of different cultures on campus.
- Speaker Coordinators shall host and array of speakers and/or performers with inspirational, educational, or entertaining messages that they feel the Hofstra community should hear.
- Promotions Coordinators assist in the marketing and advertising of every event that is put on by the Programming Board. Their responsibilities include creating flyers, poster boards and blurbs for each event, managing all social media accounts, and taking pictures at each event.
- Treasurer manages the Programming Board's budget, reimbursements, purchase orders, etc. and will work closely with the Programming Board Chair and the SGA Comptroller to ensure that the budget is up to date and that each committee has a sufficient budget to put on at least two events per semester.
If you have any questions about the Programming Board, feel free to reach out to the Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org