||Department of Public Safety
|Full-Time or Part-Time:
||Public Safety Officers are responsible for the security and safety of the campus along with enforcing all University and traffic rules and regulations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responds and submits reports on all security/safety violations, fire alarms, aided cases, reports of crime and all unusual occurrences.
• Issues parking tickets for violations of all University and traffic rules and regulations.
• Reports all abandoned vehicles.
• Patrols assigned post and takes any action required on post to ensure a safe and secure campus.
• Opens and secures all rooms and buildings as per schedule or upon request.
• Assists members of the campus community with jump-starting cars, opening car and room doors when locked out and gives directions when requested.
• Escorts members of the campus community when requested.
• Provides aided cases transportation to local hospitals when necessary.
• Responds to assignments as required by Public Safety Supervisors.
• Required to wear proscribed uniform while on post.
Assigned shifts are selected by seniority as per the collective bargaining agreement. The availability to respond to campus in an emergency is required. Overtime for special events may be required.
||• Law enforcement and/or Security Guard experience preferred.
• NYS Security Guard License preferred. Must be able to maintain a NYS Security Guard License.
• Ideal candidate must have and be able to maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License.
• When employed as a Public Safety Officer, must be able to maintain their New York State First Responder Certification.
• Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
||Qualified applicants may submit resumes via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate job #1-12 in the subject line.
||Open until filled