||School of Medicine
||Health Sciences Library
|Full-Time or Part-Time:
||The Education and Liaison Librarian will:
• Implement an information literacy skills program including sessions integrated into the medical school curriculum, self-directed learning tutorials, and consultation services. Collaborate with faculty to develop and implement assessment and evaluation of information literacy skills in support of evidence based medicine.
• Participate collaboratively with the faculty design team for the Clinical Epidemiology curriculum content.
• Work with faculty, course managers and library staff to ensure seamless access to pre-reading assignments via the learning management system. Assist faculty in finding optimal resources in multiple formats to support the curriculum.
• Provide reference and education liaison services including expert literature searches for students, faculty and staff wherever they are located: the Hofstra campus, physician practice sites, clinical or research sites without library staff, and the Center for Learning and Innovation. Coordinate with library staff at the North Shore-LIJ Health System hospitals for effective services.
• Collaborate with library and information technology staff to develop content and tools for the library web site, including topic guides using LibGuides software.
• Evaluate existing and potential new electronic resources, the print collection, and access services together with library staff. Collaborate with the main Hofstra University library staff on cataloging and access services as needed.
• Coordinate liaison services with health related programs on the Hofstra University campus such as Physician Assistant, Public Health, Medical Physics, etc.
• Participate in scholarly activities including potential research projects and opportunities for publication as well as support for grant funded library projects.
This position reports to the Associate Dean for Library Services.
||Graduate library/information science degree from an ALA-accredited institution, or equivalent and a minimum of two years of library experience. Demonstrated expertise in searching the biomedical literature, PubMed, and multiple resources for evidence based medical practice. Demonstrated expertise in development of online instructional materials and providing instruction. Expertise with social media and web content tools for enhancing information literacy and library outreach. Ability and interest in working collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff in a customer focused environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
||For consideration, please send a letter of application and resume to:
Education and Liaison Librarian Search Committee
Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
500 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-5000
Email responses preferred.
||Open until filled