||Office of Student Affairs
||Office of Student Leadership and Activities
|Full-Time or Part-Time:
||The Fall Festival Event Coordinator is a part-time temporary position responsible for supporting the mission of the event, division of Student Affairs, and Hofstra University. Responsibilities for this position include support of Fall Festival and event programs and initiatives. The Event Coordinator is expected to forge productive working partnerships with students, colleagues, and offices across the University to enhance the contributions of the Division of Student Affairs within the larger University community.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator, familiar with all methods large-scale event management and implementation. The Event Coordinator should be an independent worker and a self-starter who gets along well with others. The successful candidate will be a committed and experienced professional with a collaborative disposition, ability to think critically and creatively, excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills and a participatory leadership style. The Event Coordinator reports directing to the Executive Director of Student Leadership and Activities.
• Pre-festival, work with the Executive Director on office and event production needs, organizing vendor information, shipping and receiving, purchasing, runs, etc. as needed.
• Work closely with the Executive Director and Special Events Manager to insure all event production elements are being met;
• Coordinating with festival collaborating offices and venues for events and the specific materials and product needed at each;
• Supplying festival venues with predetermined materials and equipment; signage, lights, stage, audio, etc.;
• Assist in the development and implementation of all aspects of Fall Festival.
• Serve as an active member of the Fall Festival Committee.
• Exercise judgment and independent initiative; handle time sensitive matters that require concise problem solving and a high degree of confidentiality.
• Attend applicable training sessions.
• Post-festival, assist the Managing Director in organizing the office and materials.
• Related duties as assigned.
This position will require a flexible schedule of twenty-five (25) hours per week.
||• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year’s experience in large scale event planning.
• Technological competence, computer mastery using database software (Access and Excel), Microsoft Word, web content management system software and social media technologies.
• Ability to work effectively and ethically with a diverse population of students, university faculty and administrators, and community members.
• Ability to work under tight and changing deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. ?
• Proven skills in project management, organized, attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Availability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Maturity and judgment, self-motivated/take initiative. Flexible; adapt well to change; manage risk and uncertainty with poise.
• Possess ethical decision making skills, discretion, and sound judgment.
||For consideration, please email a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references (one of whom should be your most recent supervisor). Please write “Event Coordinator Search” in the subject line. Resume collection will continue through May 26, 2014.
||May 26, 2014