Applicants to the program will meet the following requirements to qualify for admission:
- BA, BS, or BFA from an accredited college or university.
- An undergraduate overall GPA of at least 2.75
- a 500-750 word essay detailing “personal and educational history, past employment, volunteer work or related experience in the intended field of study, plans for graduate study, and plans for a professional career”
- two letters of recommendation
- writing samples (articles, essays, public relations materials, other)
- current resume
- transcripts (GRE scores are optional)
- international students must have a minimum TOEFL score of 93.
All applicants must be interviewed by the program director for a skills assessment. New students are accepted for the fall semesters. Preference for competitive scholarships, if available, is based on overall GPA and academic potential and is given to early applicants.
All applications are submitted electronically at hofstra.edu/gradapply. For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions section or click the "request information" link below. The Office of Graduate Admissions is also a comprehensive resource for you as you navigate the application system, Apply Yourself.
For more information on applying for graduate studies at Hofstra, please contact:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Apply online at hofstra.edu/gradapply.
For more information about the MA in Public Relations program, please contact:
Jeffrey S. Morosoff
Assistant Professor and Director, Public Relations Graduate Program