Foreign Lanugage Education Faculty and Contacts
About the Program Director
Mustapha Masrour, Ph.D.
Director, Language Learning Center
Program Director, Foreign Language Education
Program Co-director, Languages Other Than English and TESOL
- Dedicated academic professional with extensive classroom experience in language teaching (1980 to present) and administration (1985 – to present) in secondary, college, and university settings
- Specializing in general and Applied Linguistics; Second Language Acquisition; World Language Education; Language Teaching Methodologies; Educational Technology; Literacy studies, Cross‑cultural Studies; Colonial, Post‑colonial, and Neo‑colonial studies; and Francophone Literatures
- Seeking to advance the field of language learning and teaching and cross-cultural studies through the use of applied multimedia technology, and a critical balance between theory and practice
- Equally fluent in Moroccan Arabic, Modern Standard Arabic, French, and English
- M.Ed. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. University of Wales Sciences and Technology
- M.Ed. in Educational Psychology. University College Cardiff
- Ph.D. in Literacy Studies: Reading, Language, and Cognition. School of Education and Allied Human Services, Hofstra University
Click here for a full listing of faculty in the department of Teaching, Literacy and Leadership.