Parent Involvement in Education (PIE)
The Parent Involvement in Education program facilitates student success through collaborative parent committees. Parents of program participants are encouraged to participate on one of two committees, designed to ensure that program goals and objectives are met:
Parent Involvement in Education (PIE) Committees
- Academic Committee
• Participate in planning yearly academic programs.
• Participate in tutorials and engage in leadership skill development.
• Assist staff with student college preparation and exam preparation.
• Assist with monitoring LPP success.
- Student Programming Committee
• Scholarship fundraiser for graduating class.
• Assist with student recognition, activities and programming.
• Serve as chaperones for local and long-distance student trips.
• Serve as hallway monitors during Saturday classes.
Various informational workshops are also scheduled, for parents, to help facilitate an understanding of the college application process and what students might expect in college.