Executive M.B.A. Program
The Executive M.B.A. program begins in September each year, and concludes 20 months hence. Applications completed or received after the deadline will be evaluated on a space available basis; otherwise, the application will be held for the following academic year.
E.M.B.A. Computer Requirements
Use of the most contemporary technology is an important part of the Zarb School's E.M.B.A. program. This includes, but is not limited to, virtual meetings of teams assigned to casework in various E.M.B.A. courses, communication between E.M.B.A. students and faculty during periods of time when-they are not on campus, and Internet access. It is expected that all E.M.B.A. students will possess or purchase prior to enrollment, a notebook or desktop computer for their exclusive use during their tenure in the E.M.B.A. program. The specific protocols required for this computer will be communicated to all students with their letter of acceptance and will remain the same for the duration of their 20 month course of study.
Students are the priority at the Zarb School of Business. All of our efforts, policies and programs are geared toward the academic development and professional enhancement of the students we serve. It is this emphasis that keeps us abreast of the fundamental requisites of our student population, and helps us to remain at the forefront of management education.
In order to qualify for admission to the Executive M.B.A. program at Hofstra University, applicants must:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree.
- Have at least seven years of managerial or equivalent professional experience reflecting a progression in responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the potential for executive-level leadership.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Hofstra University application forms.
- An essay that provides further insight into your managerial responsibilities, work ethic, philosophy on contemporary business, and your motivation for deciding to enroll in our program.
- Interview conducted by a member of the E.M.B.A. Admissions Committee.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a current or former supervisor.
- Transcripts from all other academic programs attended.
- The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) will normally not be required for the EMBA program unless the Admissions Committee desires additional input.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and fees are established on a cohort basis for each entering E.M.B.A. class. This information is available from the Graduate Programs Office within the Frank G. Zarb School of Business one year in advance of the date on which a specific cohort of E.M.B.A. students is scheduled to begin the program of study. Tuition includes all fees for course materials, computer and Internet usage, lunches, coffee breaks, the Initial Executive M.B.A. Residency, travel costs associated with the International Management Practicum and special seminars. It does not include the computer hardware required to be in the possession of all E.M.B.A. students. Students wishing to stay overnight at the Marriott Hotel nearby the campus should contact the hotel directly at (516) 794-3800 and request the Hofstra University Executive M.B.A. rate (which is on a space-available basis).
A deposit of $5,000 is required of all accepted students in order to reserve a place in the program. This deposit is applied to the first semester's tuition. Accepted applicants who choose to defer their admission will have the deposit credited to the semester in which they intend to commence their studies. Those who are offered a place in the program, remit funds and decide not to attend will forfeit the deposit.