The Hofstra Creative Arts Therapy Program holds a conference every spring. The theme each year focuses on relevant clinical and theoretical innovations.
The American Art Therapy Association has an annual conference where art therapists and students from across the country, and the world, come together to share and learn from each other. Information about their upcoming conference can be found at: AATA conferences
The New York Art Therapy Association holds lectures and symposiums around the metropolitan area. Visit NYATA events for more information.
The Hofstra University Creative Arts Therapy Program hosts an annual spring conference for students and professionals. Our next conference is scheduled for spring 2014. Further information will be posted as it becomes available.
Past Hofstra Creative Arts Therapy Program Conferences (click for .PDF brochure):
- Trauma and PTSD: Effective Treatment Through Creative Arts Therapy
- Reaching Out: Responding to Community Needs
- Creative Arts Therapy: From Foundations to Innovations
- Creativity and Aging: Responding to Diversity and Increased Longevity
- Blurring Boundaries: The Interface of Creative Arts Therapy and Medical Sciences
For more information on registration for conferences at Hofstra, please visit the Office of Professional Development Services.