When should you see a Research Librarian and when should you see a Writing Center Tutor?
See a Research Librarian if you need assistance doing the research for your paper. The Research Librarian can help you
• identify the kinds of sources you need;
• learn where to locate the information you need;
• learn how to use information sources to find the information you need;
• identify the quality information sources that your professors expect you to use; and
• figure out what you need to know in order to build your works cited list.
See a Tutor if you have already done your research and need help with any stage of the writing process, including
• brainstorming to help you get started writing,
• selecting writing techniques for different kinds of papers,
• organizing your ideas,
• improving grammar and style, and
• editing and revising generally.