M.A. in Early Childhood Ed.
The Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education is part of the Department of Curriculum and Teaching. This integrated program is designed for teachers who hold the Initial Certificate to teach Early Childhood Education or Childhood Education and wish to prepare for the New York State Professional Certificate to teach Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2).
New York State Initial Certificate to teach Early Childhood or Childhood Education.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 in each of two categories:
- Overall undergraduate course work;
- Course work in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Two letters of reference addressing the applicant's success in the teaching profession and the capacity to undertake graduate study.
- A written personal statement of professional intent and rationale.
- An interview with the Program Director.
The department understands that any single criterion may not reliably predict a student's potential for success in the program. Students may consider applying even if they fail to meet one of the criteria but feel that other aspects of their experience might compensate.
For more information on program requirements and for the most up-to-date information, please visit the Hofstra Bulletin.
For more information about the program, please contact:
Dr. Doris Fromberg
Graduate Program Director
Professor of Teaching, Literacy, and Leadership