The Department of Information Technology and Quantitative Methods (IT/QM) is a viable and vital part of Frank G. Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University. Our mission is to provide a strong IT education and prepare graduates to successfully apply IT solutions and analytical skills in addressing various business challenges. We also strive to maintain a high level of collaboration with IT executives and business enterprises to enhance our curriculum and research. The IT/QM Department’s contributions to the Zarb School and university include offering various major fields of specialization and service courses needed by all other Business majors as well as non-business programs. Considering the increasing significance of IT in organizations of all types and sizes, emphasis of AACSB on integration of IT into curricula, and mounting demand for business intelligence and analytics, the synergistic strength of IT and QM faculty provides a unique leverage for enhancement of its current majors as well as complementing them with new and highly sought-after programs.
Consistent with the mission and goals of Zarb School, objectives of the IT/QM Department include the following:
- Provide a strong IT management background that is required to effectively perform the role of technology manager in various organizations.
- Deliver an effective education to prepare graduates to successfully apply IT solutions and analytical thinking to various business problems.
- Considering the fast-changing pace of technology, maintain and enhance communication and collaboration with IT industry as well as IT executives in order to continuously improve and update curriculum.
- Support various objectives of the Zarb School, particularly general goal #3 "Analytical and critical thinking skills for effective decision making," and goal #5 "Understanding the applicability of information systems and other technologies in modern organization."
- Utilize synergistic strength of IT and QM faculty to initiate new programs, such as business intelligence and analytics, to satisfy emerging demands of modern organizations.