Students in the Department of Management, Entrepreneurship and General Business at Hofstra University learn how to manage people and functions in all types of organizations, from tiny start-ups to multinational corporations. You will get a broad-based education in the theory and practice of human resources, operations, leadership, and supply chains while learning how to explore, recognize and develop new ventures.
The Department of Management, Entrepreneurship and General Business provides students with:
- The opportunity to study with professors who are committed to teaching and research, as well as having deep professional experience in their area of expertise.
- The chance to work with a team of student entrepreneurs to launch a new venture. These businesses are funded by Capital One, where bankers serve as mentors throughout the academic year.
- Active student clubs including Hofstra Start-Ups, the Society for Advancement of Management, and APICS – The Association for Operations Management, which host speaker forums and panels, and networking opportunities with successful alumni. These clubs also field student teams for national competitions.
- Majors in Management, Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain Management
- A wealth of internship opportunities in corporate, non-profit and public administration sectors, thanks to our proximity to New York City.
- Access to licensed SAP enterprise software, among the leading supply chain management software used by organizations worldwide, and the chance to become SAP certified before they graduate.