Summer Research Opportunities
- All full-time faculty and several adjunct faculty in the Department of Biology offer summer research opportunities for undergraduate students. For more details, consult the Faculty link.
- National Science Foundation's (NSF) Research Experiences for Undergraduates home page and the list of biology sites for the summer. Please feel free to individually contact researchers about specific opportunities that interest you.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) research opportunities. This site links you to several educational programs sponsored by NIH.
- Department of Energy (DOE) research internship opportunities. You might be thinking "DOE? And biology?" but just remember that DOE was the federal agency in charge of the human genome project, and they run all of the National Laboratories, including Brookhaven National Lab here on Long Island.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has several programs available. Surf this site for more information.
- Other Options: This is an extensive (but not all-inclusive) list of web sites offering research and study opportunities in a variety of biological disciplines for undergraduate students.